Monday, February 28, 2011

Oscars!

My dear friend hosts a great Oscars party every year.  Next to attempting to win the big prize for the night, for me, the red carpet is the best part.  Last night I saw some definite red carpet winners and some, well not so much.  

Haille Steinfeld:  The True Grit star's Marchesa gown was very appropriate for her age and the soft pink was lovely.  I also thought her glittery headband was very charming.  Again, so happy she looked her age!

Sandra Bullock:  In a strapless Vera Wang gown, Sandra appeared very elegant.  I loved that she pulled back her, controversial, blunt bangs.  Add the red lipstick and the bling and you have a great Oscar look.  Take that Jesse James!



Mila Kunis:  While Miss Mila didn't seem too excited about the red carpet, I thought her dress was stunning.  I want it, but in black of course.

Okay, now the disappointments for the night.  

Nicole Kidman:  From the floral moo moos she constantly wearing, to this number that looked more like a table runner, I think her time in Nashville is starting to affect her fashion sense.

Melissa Leo:  While I'm still dying to see the movie, I didn't like that she took out her own trade ads touting herself.  I mean, did anyone else get a whiff of desperation?  Add the f-bomb she dropped in her acceptance speech and this Mark Bouwer gown and what do you get?  Four words: Big Desperate F'ing Doily. 

Helena Bonham:  Okay, okay, I've come to expect disappointment from her as well, but I just couldn't leave this off my list.  This black velvet gown, designed by a costume designer, and that crazy hair.  No!  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...