Monday, November 14, 2011

One Year!

My hubby and I just passed our one year anniversary.  We celebrated by heading back to the magical Devil's Thumb Ranch.  
 


As I enjoyed our superb weekend full of delicious food, relaxing massages, a brisk hike, and a much needed nap, I began to think about how glorious a day it was and how blessed we were to have so many friends and family members with us.  And then I reminded myself that all of that is secondary to these words.  These words made the day. 

I Geoff, take you Jen to be my wife.
my partner in life and my one true love.
I will cherish our union and love you more each day than I did the day before.
I will trust you and respect you,
laugh with you and cry with you,
loving you faithfully through good times and bad.
I give you my hand, my heart, and my love,
from this day forward for as long as we both shall live.



Geoff today I become your wife and you become my husband.
I will strive to give you the best of myself, and accept you the way you are.
I promise to respect you as a whole person
with your own interests, desires, and needs,
and to realize that those are sometimes different, but no less important than my own.
I promise to keep myself open to you,
to let you in to my innermost fears, feelings and dreams,
I promise to grow along with you,
to be willing to face change as we both change.
I promise to love you in good times and in bad,
with all that I am and all that I have to give.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...