Sunday, December 16, 2012

GET. RID. OF. IT.

Friday, following Thanksgiving, I didn't go shopping.  I cleaned out my closet using some advise from all of those organizational articles I've pinned and a lot of common sense.  Yes,  common sense!  

First Rule: If I didn't wear it this Summer or Spring GET. RID. OF. IT.   I'm sure you're thinking of a million excuses right now.  I might wear it again.  I've had that item for a long time.  I paid a lot for that shirt!  

Second Rule: If it's looking a little haggard.  It's got to go. 

Third Rule: Make three piles.  The donation pile, consignment store pile and a keep pile.  The consignment store pile is your "name brand" items in great condition.  (Name brand, not the adorable shirt from Target).  Consignment stores will give you either cash or credit to purchase items in the store.  So worth it! 

Fourth Rule: When you put all your "keep" items back in the closet, color coordinate the them.

Five Rule: Hang all items facing the same direction.  


  
Yes, I hung and color coordinated all of my necklaces too.  I couldn't help myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...